Treasury General Manager 144 views1 application
- Salary Offer R R2 172 300.00 p/a
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
To ensure that the SOE has necessary policies, strategies, processes, and systems to optimize the Entreprises’s financial liquidity through providing an effective Treasury function.
Duties and Roles
KPAs & Functional Outputs
Lead the Funding, Risk management and Dealing initiatives to enable financial liquidity. (30%)
- Enable that sufficient liquidity and funds are available for the organization at optimal cost through ongoing cash flow analysis and effective funding strategies.
- Interact with financial institutions such as rating agencies and banks to achieve the most cost-effective funding arrangements.
- Design effective funding arrangements to fund the daily liquidity requirements and specific projects.
- Influence the implementation of a coordinated investment strategy for the SOE.
- Leads consultation with Finance Division to facilitate effective financial management and access to capital, including project funding.
- Direct the establishment of risk management procedures and policies and enforce adherence thereto for all financial dealings in Treasury.
- Enforce the implementation of sound deal execution and market making practices are established and adhere to in support of Treasury’s main focus and philosophy.
Treasury Architecture, Design, and Development. (30%)
- Provide a strategic governance and control framework for the Treasury function in the SOE.
- Facilitate and approve all policies and strategies relating to Treasury including cash flow, risk market-making, and treasury operations.
- Ensure that the necessary processes and systems are created, and continuously improved, to facilitate the effective execution of treasury policies and strategies.
- Takes responsibility for the SOE’s intellectual capital in respect of Treasury and ensure the integrity of the Entreprise’s database in this respect.
- Initiates the design and application of an infrastructure to manage and process complex, multifunctional information that has integrity.
- Ensure that Treasury best practice strategies are incorporated into the organization’s financial funding policies and strategies.
- Formulate Treasury’s overarching business plan and present this for approval.
- Approve operational plans of each Department within the Treasury and ensure alignment with the overall Treasury business plan.
- Authorizing all decisions as to the delegated authority on behalf of Treasury.
Operational perfomance and optimisation (15%)
- Sets the operational targets for the Treasury to meet the requirements of the SOE.
- Determine the internal measurement framework and establish a measurement process for Treasury.
- Report to CFO and other forums on key performance factors in respect of Treasury and Treasury functions.
- Implement and monitor through appropriate KPI’s, strategy and business plans aligned to the corporate scenario-based strategy and business plans within an integrated risk and resilience framework.
- Positions the business to meet the requirements of stakeholders and manages the resolution of problems identified.
- Ensure proper assurance processes are applied to monitor compliance with policies and standards.
Stakeholder Relationship Management (15%)
- Communicate issues of importance to relevant internal stakeholders and ensure that they are interpreted correctly.
- Provide leadership to all key stakeholders of the Treasury to facilitate the achievement of the Department’s goals.
- Identify key external stakeholders and facilitate the establishment of productive relations to the benefit of the SOE.
- Represent the Entreprise on key global and South African forums and as such contribute to both the SOE’s interests and the field as a whole.
- Participate in professional bodies that are of importance to the Entreprise.
- Influence the national and global agenda in respect of Treasury functions.
- Participate in structure government policy, legislation and regulations in respect of treasury functions.
Financial Management (5%)
- Sets targets for Departmental financial performance.
- Formulates and obtains approval for operations budgets for the Department.
- Monitors the financial of the department and influences corrective actions to address problems identified.
- Ensures effective audit procedures are implemented and results acted upon to ensure effective governance and compliance to legislation and government and the SOE’s financial policy.
- Ensure compliance with sound corporate governance principles and adherence to PFMA.
Human Resource Management (5%)
- Establish the optimal organization structure which will contribute to the achievement of the business goals.
- Creating a culture for achieving success by ensuring staff is trained, qualified, motivated, etc.
- Reconfigure resources based on an assessment of resources gaps in the existing operation and market opportunities.
- Establishes and applies a succession and appointments process which will ensure that key positions are staffed with high-performance individuals.
- Ensuring sound labor relations.
- Establish relevant controlling procedures.
- Facilitates planning to ensure that the Department has the necessary skills at all levels to achieve its targets in the short, medium and long term.
- Establish performance compacts with direct reports, monitor performance and provide regular feedback.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Financial Honours degree required
- CA (SA)/ CFA an added advantage
- A post graduate management qualification will be an advantage
- 10 years+ in the financial environment
- Proven experience at senior management level in a Treasury environment